HTB: 5 out of 40 Checkpoint

HTB Checkpoint 1: 5 out of 40

I made the first checkpoint! I did four writeups:

  1. Jerry Tomcat
  2. Blue EternalBlue Windows 7
  3. Lame Usermap Samba
  4. Legacy ms08-067
  5. Devel (No writeup). - This one was just anonymous FTP and putting a shell on the box.

It should take me 1 - 4 weeks to get to 10 out of 40 checkpoint. I'll be very busy at the end of the month. I think the boxes will get harder too.

I'm guessing I'll run into some good old C. It'll be the lowest level programming language I've touched. I thought gcc only existed but turns out there is gcc's for win32, win64, i686, amd64. You have to take the C code and compile it to whatever machine your attacking. I'll find out more when I get there. I know nothing about C besides its an old grandparent.

I felt a bit challenged for 30 minutes. I'm pretty sure the mountain will get tougher but haven't hit it yet. Just found a hill lol. The boxes so far have been easy. The way people talk about it, I'm supposed to be extremely scared and I'll be totally taken by surprise and things are gonna get so difficult, and everything is going to go downhill, etc. Gonna keep walking along.

Favorite Box

My favorite box is EternalBlue. The vuln is still out in the wild and the entire backstory is out of a movie.

Victory Song

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Palo Alto for GNS3 CCDC Tutorial

Trace Labs Global Missing Persons CTF V

Release of CCDC ISE Manager Website