recon-ng Live Document

recon-ng

This will be my recipe document for recon-ng. I find it helpful to document things I learn, and also as a lookup for future use. Maybe you'll get something out of my notes. If these commands don't work, make sure to upgrade to version 5.0+.

Topic: General Commands

1. Marketplace Commands
$  marketplace install all
$  marketplace info profiler
$  marketplace refresh
------------------------------
2. Workplace Commands
$  workspaces ? (create|delete|list|select)
$  workspaces select OSINT
------------------------------
3. Database Commands
$  db ? (delete|insert|query|schema)
$  db insert domains (after it will prompt you for a domain ex: example.com)
$  db delete domains 1
$  show domains
------------------------------
4. Global Commands
$ Make sure your not in a module, if so type back.
$ options list
$ options set TIMEOUT 20

Topic: Specific Modules

1. recon/contacts-credentials/hibp_breach

This one requires an API key bought by Troy Hunt for $3.50 a month. I'm using haveibeenpwned.com for free instead.

2. recon/profiles-profiles/profiler

This one is my favorite. The SOURCE takes a username and it will find various sites they have an account on. Change the default TIMEOUT from 10 to 15-30. Look at Global Commands #4 above. Other resources are: namechk.com, knowem.com, and thatsthem.com

modules load recon/profiles-profiles/profiler
options set SOURCE inteltechniques
run
show profiles

3. recon/hosts-hosts/reverse_resolve

This takes an IP address and does a reverse resolve. It didn't find my domain names akronccdc.com, tricblueteam.com or anything else. It gave my wide-open-west URL. Unsure how knowing what ISP I own is helpful, but sure.

modules load recon/hosts-hosts/reverse_resolve
options set source 23.28.185.26
run
show hosts

4. discovery/info_disclosure/interesting_files

This is like dirb.

modules load discovery/info_disclosure/interesting_files
options set source msn.com
run

5. recon/domains-hosts/bing_domain_web

This takes a domain and finds some of the subdomains. Pretty cool. I gave this a green because it can be useful.

5. recon/domains-hosts/google_site_web

Exact same as above but with Google. Change your VPN if you have CAPTCHA issues. Canada worked for me.

6. recon/domains-domains/brute_suffix

Some domains can be related to each other so I see how this can be useful. Maybe a domain like cnn.com also wants cnn.au too.

7. reporting/html

This will take your workspace and save a HTML file. Good for reporting.

modules load reporting/html
options set CUSTOMER me
options set CREATOR me
run

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HTB - Jarvis MySQL

Palo Alto for GNS3 CCDC Tutorial

Trace Labs Global Missing Persons CTF V