Salesforce Pokemon Update - Advanced Admin Captured

Another Pokemon Capture

Salesforce Certifications remind me of Pokemon. There are 25 different certifications to pick from. They range from easy to hard. Some have prerequisites before they can evolve. Some gyms (jobs) want you to collect 2 or more. They are hard to catch but easier to keep.

I passed my Advanced Admin today. That marks my forth Pokemon capture. I picked Advanced Admin because it is on the Q Branch list. Otherwise I would have pursued it much later.

A big regret of mine is not getting these certifications sooner. Many Salesforce Developers stop at PD1. I stopped at PD1. I started Salesforce mid-2018 and only had PD1 for 1.5 years. I got my Admin January 2020. When I was job searching most jobs wanted a combination of PD1, Admin, App Builder, Sales, Service, and PD2. I got the Admin Pokemon in January to accompany me on my job search journey. Late 2019 was a bad time to realize 'Wow these Salesforce certifications seem important. What have I been doing?' There is nothing wrong with having a PD1 only. But when your job searching and App Builder, Admin are not that bad to get... and you didn't get them.. and you feel like your running out of time.. I didn't have 3 months to collect the certs I didn't get before. Catch the Pokemon right now when you have time.

5th Pokemon

My 5th Pokemon will probably be Service Cloud to knock it out while I'm on a roll. After I'll have a pretty solid Pokemon team (something I should've had a year ago). After I'm taking a few-months break from certs. PD2 is going to be a complicated situation.

I'm also aware of that triangle up there. The Sharing and Visibility Designer looks interesting since I like security. That might be my first off-roading large Pokemon attempt.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HTB - Jarvis MySQL

Palo Alto for GNS3 CCDC Tutorial

Trace Labs Global Missing Persons CTF V