CCNA ICND2 Review

Time

I studied for a total of 4 weeks. I didn't understand Cisco 3 and went solo for Cisco 4. I relearned Cisco 3 content and self-taught Cisco 4. The CCENT felt like a 800 meter sprint and the CCNA felt like a 6-mile cross country race. I just panicked about 4 times. I was more prepared for the ICDN2 then the ICDN1.

How I studied

1. Go to work
2. Walk the cat
3. Go on a Run/Bike Ride
4. Do Cisco THE ENTIRE NIGHT. My goal was 2 hours but I wasn't counting.
5. Weekends: Go to Starbucks or the Library. Or both.

I did Cisco everyday for 30 days straight for 2-4 hours.

Internet Opinion

I was searching for how long it would take to study for the ICDN2. I got mostly 8-9 month answers. That's too long! It should take 1-3 months. Those people are either extremely overprepared, not following the exam topics PDF, procrastinating, or going a very slow pace. The exam topic sheet is only three pages long. One page shorter than the CCENT. Make a timeline!

Racing Against Time

I was really motivated to pass it today. Why?

1. Cisco 4 is ending on Thursday May 9. How cool would it be if I could slam my Pass on the table and say 'Ha! Already certified before this class ends!'. I went to 2/8 weeks of class. I was too busy studying Cisco to go to Cisco class. I had to travel back in time for Cisco 3. I didn't know what was going on in Cisco 4 class.
2. I became the lead developer on my Project May 5. I need to focus on that more.
3. The weather is getting nice.

Tips

1. Download the Exam Topic PDF and use checkmarks. If you have 2 checkmarks your really prepared.

2. Schedule exam 2 weeks in advance and commit. Otherwise you will study forever.

3. Do labs at least twice in a row. First time looking at commands. Second time without looking.

4. Get Boson Practice Exams! I got by on Cisco lab packets, Boson, and YouTube.

5. If you live in Ohio go to Devore in Beachwood. It's a nice area, they are quick, you get mints, and they give you ~12 pages worth of dry-erase marker sheets. I used 75% of the pages during the test. I find it easier to write stuff down when I have to troubleshoot between numerous devices.

6. Two-Test Route is the best. If you fail one test you lose $165. If you fail the CCNA composite your out $330.

7. Packet Tracer will not WORK at the end of Cisco 3 and all of Cisco 4. Download GNS3 beforehand! I wasted two days setting GNS3 up. GNS3 you work with the real deal Cisco IOS images. It makes the CCNA test easier.

Why get the CCNA?

I was motivated by interest. I dropped my double major in networking and promised to come back for it the certification route. I did a Robert Frost on a Bachelor degree. I then did a Robert Frost on my Robert Frost plan. Robert Frost Recursion Road.

Study Music

Never Give Up https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQzil1ySdb0

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HTB - Jarvis MySQL

Palo Alto for GNS3 CCDC Tutorial

Trace Labs Global Missing Persons CTF V