At 15: OSCP Checkpoint

Opening

5 more down. MAIL, Pedro, and Chris were harder. Peter and Kraken took a few minutes to solve.

Favorites

My top three were MAIL, Pedro, and Chris.

MAIL

This was a hard box. I believe it took me 3 days.

Pedro

The best part about this box was the thought process behind it. It took me a few hours sending different things at it. This type of thinking could be applied to offices and companies. When I got it I thought 'oh. Thats pretty clever.'

Chris

This box isn't that hard. My enumeration was terrible. I made notes on what I did wrong. My mistakes and learning from them help on future boxes. This box broke my enumeration tool.

Checkpoint

This was the first time I used one box to get at another. I call it bungee-gum. When you use one target to get at another. I'll try to do more complex bungee-gum techniques.

I'm also 5 away from 20. I've seen people with a total of 20 pass the OSCP. I'm way too invested to stop at 20. I want to catch them all. I feel like I'm 25% ready right now. There is still some mystery services I enounter that I'm not familiar with. Oracle and VNC were completely new. I still haven't taken down Active Directory. It also feels like I'm watching a movie for the 1st time. I'd catch a lot more things if I watched it a second time. If I get there, I'd like to redo some of the boxes.

Expierence is best to use the force.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HTB - Jarvis MySQL

Palo Alto for GNS3 CCDC Tutorial

Trace Labs Global Missing Persons CTF V