Starting my OSCP Journey

I'm secretly starting my OSCP journey. I don't want to publicly promote until I feel I'm about 25-50% ready. Giving a golden commitment is pretty big for the OSCP. Right now I'm having fun and learning (and moving to Chicago).

I've wanted my hunter's license for a few years now. I was too busy in college. I was focused on my CCNA/CCDC on the first job. Now I'm not committed to CCDC, paying of debt, or classes. Now is the perfect time to get it.

Why?

Because it's hard and I like the challenge. Also as an Avatar, my hacking skills are lacking. I can do Development, Networking, and Business (Socializing). The last skill is Hacking. When I see other Developers with an OSCP, I think they are absolutely remarkable! As a fellow Developer, when I see another Developer kicking ass in Red Team/Networking, I cheer! Do any primary-skill Devs feel this way? I've seen a few Software-Network-Hacker types and believe I can do it too. I want to be a force to be reckoned with.

Also a lack of other women having the OSCP. I get so excited when I see Avatars, women, or people of color obtain an OSCP. I feel like minorities are in.. the minority when it comes to this certification.

My primary tribe is water (Development) and fire is on the opposite end of the spectrum for me. I feel as a developer I'm more susceptible going down rabbit holes and digging deep when nothing is there. Learning networking is easier than hacking imo. Then I think what is hacking, really? Its just code. You code! Its not so different from development as I think it is. Technically, I should be OKAY at it. I just need to "bridge the gap". I think Bridge The Gap will be my tagline for this adventure because it keeps repeating in my head. There is a disconnect between this skill and all my other skills. I need to fix it.

Speaking of tribes, I feel like more people swim over to water (dev) as a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, xth skill vs developers venturing out. It seems like Devs like staying on Dev-island. Dev-island is gigantic and you could stay there forever and only there. I'm just adventuring all over. I'm glad Dev is my primary skill because it can give people problems and heartache if they didn't originate/have a job in the field.

This blog post must be so confusing if you don't watch anime. "Hunters license what. Avatar huh?". Back as a teenager I was so scared/embarrassed to say I like anime. Now in my 20's its ALL over the place and I don't care.

The OSCP will be the biggest test of commitment and hardship yet. Right now I can't use nen. The goal is to be a nen-user as you can't pass the OSCP exam without it. Right now I'm just some lad with a fishing pole trying to catch things. I think it will take me 6 months - 1 year to pass the OSCP.

Comments

  1. Hit me up girl! We're in a very similar situation

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought you saw my email when I posted. glashka in discord.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

HTB - Jarvis MySQL

Palo Alto for GNS3 CCDC Tutorial

Trace Labs Global Missing Persons CTF V