Found my Second Missing Person


Introduction

I gave a tip for a missing minor in Toledo. The URL went down for them.

Rough Explanation

This person had a more common last name. I used a license plate to verify the social media was in Ohio. I then used a shirt to identify Toledo. I then found an Advertisement with a phone number. I found the company they worked at. So I forwarded the Ad + Company to the Toledo police email. Basically one thing led to another. I was following the trail.

Things I learned

1. When dealing with someone with a common name, look for license plates in photos. This will narrow down if your on the right path or not.

2. Once I got to Ohio I thought, OK how do I narrow down this person is from Toledo? I found a photo with initials on a shirt and connected it to Toledo.

3. After I identified this was indeed the correct person, the next mission is to find a location.

4. Don't get dragged into details if it doesn't pertain to location. The circumstances were confusing and make me a bit dizzy thinking about it. There were just so many odd things going on. At the end of the day its not for me to figure out, only where the person is.

5. As I was drafting my email, one thing went offline for awhile and came back up. I like to verify where people are with info vs just saying "they are here". I like to say "They are here because X, Y, and Z". I realized why investigators take backups of things... Luckily the info came back up.

New Update

Once a person is found, I am GShredding all files off my computer. I think that is good practice, right? 🍻

- Q

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HTB - Jarvis MySQL

Palo Alto for GNS3 CCDC Tutorial

Trace Labs Global Missing Persons CTF V