Student Loan Journey 1 Year Later

My Student Loans

I finished with $32,200 in student loans after graduating with a 4-year degree. I paid off $20,000 in 11 months. I still owe $12,779.

Why Pay Student Loans off ASAP?

I treat my students loans like the Thunderdome. Me vs Student Loans. Two enter, one leaves. If you don't kill your students loans, student loans will kill you.

I don't want to be paying student loans 5, 10 or 20 years down the road. If I sacrifice now I don't have to sacrifice later. Why be a fake rich person when you can be a real rich person! Many people in America use credit and debt to get what they want. What if I just wait to get the things that I want?

The Plan

My plan is simple. I pay $2k on student loans every month. Once I get my paycheck I immediately pay my loans and bills. The rest of the money goes to me. I don't have a budget. This doesn't work for everyone but it works for me.

I call my lifestyle "Rich Intern". My lifestyle has upgraded one step up. I traveled to Chicago three times, St. Louis, Orlando, and Washington D.C. this past year. Work paid for D.C and a Kalahari Code-mash conference. I traveled more than I ever have which I'm really grateful for. I buy Starbucks too much. I don't really "spend" besides on my vegan food and learning/certifications. I stick to my Intern lifestyle because I don't know what full-time professional adult money feels like. Why would I miss 2K if I've never had it before? I just throw the extra 2K in the student loan blackhole.

Once I pay off my loans I'm going to Crocker Park and getting more work clothes. That's what I envisioned as me being a career woman. When I was 20-21 at Crocker Park I thought hmm I'm gonna be back here, shopping, and get me some Starbucks after.

I went out with my friend and others back in April. Out of everyone my outfit was the worst. I own one purse and I got it as a Sophomore in High School. I heard a statistic that clothes get worn only 7 times. I'm pretty sure some of mine have past 200 washes. Most of the stuff I wear is from 2016 and older. I was feeling pretty proud of myself haha. I don't have the 'stuff' yet but I do have other assets.

Dave Ramsey

I recommend watching Dave Ramsey YouTube videos. I love this guy. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DihrPj5ZNRQ .

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HTB - Jarvis MySQL

Palo Alto for GNS3 CCDC Tutorial

Trace Labs Global Missing Persons CTF V